Supply Installation and Commissioning of Hub Equipment - Invitation for Bids (IFB)
UGANDA REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM-UGANDA PROJECT (RCIPU)
Supply Installation and Commissioning of Hub Equipment
Loan Credit No : 5635-UG IFB Number :NITA-U/RCIP/SUPLS/16-17/00001
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 3rdJuly 2015
2. The Government of Uganda represented by National Information Technology Authority- Uganda (NITA-U) has received a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Regional Communications Infrastructure Program Phase 5 – Uganda and
it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Supply, Installation and Commissioning of Hub Equipment.
3. NITA-U serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for supply, installation and support of Hub Equipment.
The scope of the project includes:
(i) Identify hub equipment that meets the minimum requirements as shall be described in the technical specifications
(ii) Review and recommend a comprehensive core network layout/design for the connectivity and distribution of Internet over the NBI
(iii) Implementation of the approved design
(iv) Ensure the successful configuration, migration, testing and commissioning of the design using live internet traffic
(v) Build capacity of the NITA-U technical personnel to manage the hub equipment including the delivery of specific courses and training materials on the products supplied
(vi) Provide Warranty for the Hub equipment.
(vii) Provide technical support for the hub equipment for a period of three (3) years from the date of commissioning
The Hub equipment shall comprise of the following hardware and software components:
(i) Edge Router
(ii) Distribution Router
(iii) Aggregation Switch
(iv) Transmission Switch
(v) Access Switch
(vi) Bandwidth Manager
(ix) Network Management System
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines:
Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of January 2011 revised July 2014, and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
(i) Should have developed and implemented at least five (5) projects of similar scope.
The Bidder should submit details of the relevant implementation project references, Letters of Certification (from clients or certified auditors) and contact information (i.e. telephone and e-mail addresses) of clients to support the claims of previous experience;
(ii) Should have at least five (5) years of working experience with implementation of hub equipment.
(iii) Must demonstrate average annual turnover of twice the bid price for the past three years, i.e., 2013, 2014 and 2015; and the company shall be required to prove profitability over the period stated.
(iv) Must provide certification of engagement and availability of all the proposed staff for the project signed by the staff (Bidders will be required to use the sample form 3.5.6 and 3.5.6a provided under Section VII Sample Forms in the bidding document).
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 0900Hrs to 1600Hrs.
A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on 23rd March, 2017 at 11:00am at
National Information Technology Authority-Uganda(NITA-U) plot 7A ,
Rotary Avenue Palm Courts,
P.O. Box 33151 Kampala.
6. A hard copy set of the bidding documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of UGX 180,000 or equivalent in any freely convertible currency.
The method of payment will be to:
the NITA-U Cashier or EFT bank account number: 006550058000001, customer name: national information technology authority, Uganda (nita-u),
account title: NITAU local revenue expenditure account, bank name: bank of Uganda swift code: ugbaugka.
The document will be picked by the potential bidder from the address given below.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10 00Hrs, 25thApril, 2017. Please note the following:
- i)Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security.
- ii)The amount of Bid Security required is USD 15,000.
- ii)Late bids will be rejected.
- iv)Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 10 10Hrs, 25th April, 2017.
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to
(i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software and hardware is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and
(ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
National Information Technology Authority of Uganda Plot 7A,
Rotary Avenue Palm Courts
P. O. Box 33151, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256(417) 801038,
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org