Invitation for Bids: Supply, Installation and Commissioning of National CERT Environment
REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE PROGRAM-UGANDA PROJECT (RCIPU)
Supply, Installation and Commissioning of National CERT Environment
Loan Credit No: 5635-UG
IFB Number: NITA-U/RCIP/SUPLS/16-17/000019
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in UNDB online on 3rd July 2016
2. The Government of Uganda represented by National Information Technology Authority- Uganda (NITA-U) has received credit] from the International Development Association] toward the cost of establishment of the National CERT Environment and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB: Supply, Installation and Commissioning of National CERT Environment
3. The National Information Technology Authority- Uganda (NITA-U) serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Supply, Installation and Commissioning of National CERT Environment
The scope of the project includes:
(i) Supply and installation of the CERT environment components that meet the minimum requirements as shall be described in the technical specifications
(ii) Review and recommend a comprehensive core network layout/design for the CERT environment
(iii) Implementation of the approved design
(iv) Ensure the successful configuration, testing and commissioning of all the CERT environment components
(v) Provide Warranty for the CERT Environment IT equipment
(vi) Provide technical support for the CERT Environment IT equipment for a period of three (3) years from the date of commissioning
The CERT Environment shall comprise of the following components:
(i) I.T works
(ii) Electrical Works
(iii) Civil Works
(iv) Furnishing Works
4. Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, edition of January 2011 revised July 2014), and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines that meet the following minimum qualification criteria:
a) Should have developed and implemented at least four (4) projects of similar scope. The Bidder should submit details of the of the relevant implementation project references, Letters of Certification (from clients or certified auditors) and contact information (i.e. telephone and e-mail addresses) of client to support the claims of previous experience;
b) Should have at least five (5) years of working experience with implementation of IT networks and related Infrastructure
c) Must demonstrate average annual turnover that is equivalent to the bid price for the past three years, i.e. (2015, 2016 and 2017 each year); and the company shall be required to prove profitability over the period stated.
d) Must provide certification of engagement and availability of all the proposed staff for the project signed by the staff (Bidders will be required to use the sample form 3.5.6 and 3.5.6a provided under Section VII Sample Forms in the bidding document).
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from The National Information Technology Authority – Uganda (NITA-U) and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 09 00Hrs to 16 00Hrs. A pre-bid meeting which potential bidders may attend will be held on, 22nd May 2019
6. A hard copy set of the bidding documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of UGX 180,000 or equivalent to any other freely convertible currency.
The method of payment will be to: the NITA-U Cashier or bank account number: 006550058000001, customer name: national information technology authority, Uganda (nita-u), account title: NITAU local revenue expenditure account, bank name: bank of Uganda swift code: ugbaugka The document will be picked by the potential bidder from the address given in (8) below.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 11 00Hrs, 20thJune, 2019. Bids need to be secured by a Bid Security. The amount of Bid Security required is USD 3,900.00 Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 11 10Hrs, 20th June, 2019
8. The attention of prospective Bidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software and hardware is either covered by a valid license or was produced by the Bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to be awarded World Bank-financed contracts.
9. National Information Technology Authority of Uganda
Plot7A, Rotary Avenue
P. O. Box 33151,
Tel: +256(417) 801038,
Email Address: email@example.com