- Unified Messaging and Collaboration System (UMCS) is an RCIP Project
- Main objective is to increase Government efficiency through shared services
- It integrates a variety of typically disparate communication systems (fixed & mobile) so as to enhance collaboration.
The product name for the GOU UMCS solution is Umail
Umail is a Government of Uganda Unified Messaging and Collaboration System that leverages on traditional email and accessibility to collaborative applications to support and improve Government-wide communication and collaboration.
UNDER STRATEGY FOR RATIONALIZATION OF I.T SERVICES
FIVE KEY PILLARS UNDER THE STRATEGY FOR RATIONALIZATION OF IT SERVICES
Use of the NBI/EGI as the primary vehicle for all Government data, Internet and Voice Services
- Centralized hosting Services, Data Centre Services and Disaster Recovery Services for Government Applications & Data;
- Establishment of a centrally managed National databank
- Promotion of Unified Messaging and Collaboration Services (UMCS)
- Consolidation and Bulk licensing of applications and software licenses